Why Does My Phone Say Activation Complete? (Solved)
We independently review everything we recommend. The information is provided by Why Does My Phone Say Activation Complete? (Solved) and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we may earn a commission if you buy something through links on our post. Learn more
Here we start this article about Why Does My Phone Say Activation Complete? Making a phone active on a cell phone network is known as activation. This procedure connects a particular cell phone with a particular customer account and phone number.
There must be network configuration for the network to identify that particular phone as belonging to that customer. The phone itself might also need to be configured. There may be some automation involved in this, or you might need to follow specific directions to enter particular codes into menus that are often concealed.
When a valid SIM card is inserted into a phone that accepts one, calls and texts can typically be made immediately. However, if the SIM card is brand-new, it might need to be activated first. Additionally, any functions beyond simply calling and texting may still need the phone to be activated for the network to recognize it.
Why Does My Phone Say Activation Complete?
Making a phone active on a cell phone network is known as activation. This procedure connects a particular cell phone with a particular customer account and phone number. For the network to identify that particular phone as belonging to that customer there must be network configuration.
Ways To Activate A Cell Phone
Your new phone likely arrived activated if you purchased it from the carrier’s store. You’ll likely need to activate your phone if you purchased it used or had the carrier send it to you. Each carrier has a somewhat different process, but the basic steps to get your phone activated with any carrier are covered in this wikiHow article.
- Obtain your IMEI number. Although it might not be necessary during activation, having this on hand can be helpful.
- To view the IMEI of your new phone, dial *#06#
- It is typically printed on the package for your phone as well.
- Activate via the website of your carrier.
- The majority of carriers offer activation services through their websites. In comparison to trying to call and activate a cell phone, this approach may be substantially faster.
- The procedure varies slightly depending on the carrier, but you must generally login, choose the line on which you activate a device, and then enter the phone’s IMEI number.
- There is a good chance that you may need to input an Activation Code if you are activating a prepaid plan online. Normally, this comes with your SIM purchase. If you don’t have one, you need either visit a store or call the carrier’s number listed below.
- Use your new phone to call the activation number.
- Calling your carrier is the simplest approach to ensure everything activates properly if you are having trouble activating online or have an unusual scenario (such as activating an upgrade obtained from someone else’s line on the same plan).
- The account holder’s SSN or other identifying information may be required.
- Verizon – (800) 922-0204; T-Mobile – (844) 730-5912; AT&T – (866) 895-1099
- Visit a retailer for your carrier in step
- Although this is the most cumbersome method of activating your phone, it is also the surest method of an activation without any issues.
- If you can’t activate it online or over the phone, or if your new phone didn’t come with a SIM card, going to the store will immediately address your issue.
Re-Activate Your Phone
It is feasible if the number has not yet been assigned to someone else. Check to see whether your old number is ringing by dialing it. If not, take these instructions to activate your previous number:
- Search “Reliance Stores” in your area on Google.
- Gather your identification documents, such as your voter ID, passport, and driver’s license.
- Go to a Reliance store in your neighborhood and request that they port your West Bengal Reliance number to the Karnataka network.
- Your old number will be functional for use within a week.
How Is An Old AT&T Phone Activated?
Buying a new cell phone is expensive, but utilizing an old one still has all the same features without paying for an upgrade. It’s also convenient for customers to activate an old phone for AT&T service if they’ve misplaced or broken their phone and need a way to stay connected. Call AT&T customer support or go in person to an AT&T shop with the old phone in hand.
Verify that the phone is functional. Switch on the phone and fully charge the battery. Verify the proper operation of each key. Remove any SIM cards that are still within the phone from the SIM card slot, which is typically underneath the battery.
From the cell phone, dial *#06#. The 15 to 17-digit number that appears should be noted down. The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number for this particular phone is unique. When you activate your phone, you must have this on hand.
To locate the branch closest to you, call AT&T consumer sales at 888-333-6651 or go to att.com/storelocator/. Whatever option you select, be prepared with your phone’s IMEI number.
Inform the agent that you want to activate a new line. Select a new plan (either a one- to two-year contract or prepaid) depending on your demands. Give your wireless plan’s upfront fees and the IMEI of the phone as payment. You will receive a new SIM card from AT&T that is pre-loaded with your plan.
To test your AT&T phone’s functionality, insert your SIM card, switch it on, and place a call. If you choose to activate your previous cell phone by calling customer support, you will need to wait until your SIM card arrives in the mail.
Activate AT&T Prepaid SIM Via Mobile /Computer
Follow the instructions below to directly activate your AT&T prepaid SIM using your mobile device (online):
- Check that your mobile device has enough power before activating your AT&T prepaid SIM. Continue by turning on the smartphone and inserting the SIM card. You’ll get an ATT text message with a unique URL in it. After clicking the link, wait for the website to load.
- You must input your ICCID or SIM number and mobile phone IMEI number on the website. Along with the Captcha code, you must also provide your location’s zip code, which can only have five digits. Once finished, move on to the next phase.
- You must decide whether to activate one or more devices based on your preferences. After that, remember to choose your preferred monthly plan and the “Autopay” option. Accepting the AT&T Service Agreement will allow you to move on to the next stage.
- The website will now ask you for your email address; after you give it, you must input your payment details. Your debit/credit card or an AT&T Prepaid Refill card will be accepted as payment options. Your cell number and a plan summary will be given shortly after that. After that, you’ll need to restart your phone to finish the procedure.
- After restarting your phone, AT&T will send you a “welcome” message with a new web address. When you click the link, a web page will appear requesting you to create a new password and a 4-digit PIN. You must also submit your personal information, including your name and address.
- A verification code will now be sent to you through email. You can access your AT&T account by entering the code. Review the details of your plan on your account summary page, and then decide whether you want to enable or disable “Autopay” if necessary.
You can also use your computer to access the official AT&T activation website and follow the on-screen instructions if you don’t want to activate your AT&T prepaid SIM using your mobile device.
We sincerely hope that this information was helpful to you in learning more about Why Does My Phone Say Activation Complete? In the comment area below, please share your thoughts on the topic and any questions or recommendations you may have. Let us know what you would like to study next in addition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you reactivate a deactivated phone?
A deactivated phone can indeed be reactivated. You would need to get in touch with your carrier to have your phone reactivated if the carrier had deactivated it. Either you missed a payment, or your relationship with the carrier ended, which is why the SIM has been disabled.
How do I activate an AT&T prepaid phone?
For automated instructions, contact us at 877.426.0525. You will need to know the IMEI and SIM card numbers for activation. Note: It will take around 10 minutes to finish activation.
How do you activate an ATT phone by yourself?
Please visit the AT&T Activation website or dial 866.895.1099 to activate a new service line or a replacement device. Important Notice: Phone service must be activated within 14 days of shipment to protect your privacy. Otherwise, service may be canceled or interrupted.
How long does ATT keep your prepaid number?
If a prepaid account has a $0 balance for more than 60 days, it will be automatically closed. A refill that costs $25 to $99 expires after 90 days, so one that costs $30 on January 1 would last until March 31. An annual refill costs $100. Your number is secure for a year if you recharge with $100 on January 1.