We independently review everything we recommend. The information is provided by Why Can’t I Join My Friends Minecraft World? Reason + Fix and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we may earn a commission if you buy something through links on our post. Learn more
Have you ever gotten the Minecraft error notice Why Can’t I Join My Friends Minecraft World? It irritates you, but don’t worry. Mini Tool Software offers three different solutions. To address the problem, you can try each one separately. Minecraft, a playground video game, is a famous choice for players. In the game, players can design their planet and must concentrate on creating and surviving.
In addition, a significant community exists, allowing many people to join and communicate in the same virtual world. When trying to connect with friends’ worlds, however, some players report receiving the message unable to link to a world in Minecraft Windows 10. Due to this issue, they are unable to connect with their pals, which is inconvenient.
Why Can’t I Join My Friends Minecraft World?
There may be different causes for your inability to enter your friends’ Minecraft worlds. Maybe you’re using different versions of Minecraft, or perhaps they’re using a server that doesn’t have you on the whitelist. Firewall problems or incorrect network configuration are two additional potential causes.
Why Am I Unable To Join My Friends In Their Minecraft World?
So, there could be a variety of causes why it isn’t connecting. I have the Pocket Edition (Bedrock) and have had the same issue. It can happen if you have bad Wi-Fi or if you have too many devices using the same Wi-Fi (too many devices reduces each device’s bandwidth, resulting in slow Wi-Fi), and Wi-Fi issues are the most common cause of not being able to connect.
Another reason, although this is quite improbable, is if one of you has an antiquated Minecraft client (didn’t install the 1.16 update) and when you try to join, it always says unable to connect to the world due to the outdated client.
When this happens to me, I simply reset Minecraft and everything is fine. But first, see if any of these issues can be found in your Minecraft game. If you’re having the same issue, you can try the techniques below to remedy it.
Re-Add Your Pal
I’m guessing you’ve already tried restarting Minecraft, if not your entire computer. You can try one more thing: re-adding your friend. If you still feel connected to a stranger’s world, eliminate the person as a friend and re-add him or her. Some players have benefited from this change.
Reload Your Private World
Some players have reported being able to link to their friends’ worlds after restarting their private worlds. It appears to work for a large number of users across all platforms.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press the Play button.
- Select one of your Worlds from the Worlds tab.
- Choose Save & stop from the list of options.
- Return to the main menu and select Friends from the drop-down menu.
- You ought to be able to join the worlds of your friends.
Turn Off The Windows Firewall
The Unable to connect to world issues might occur if Minecraft is not permitted through the Firewall. You can access the internet, but you can’t connect to each other’s worlds. Check your Firewall settings to make sure the Minecraft exe file javaw.exe is allowed.
- To launch Control Panel, click the Windows Start button, type control panel, and then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Select Large Icons in the Control Panel, and then select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or functionality via Windows Defender Firewall from the drop-down menu.
- Double-check that javaw.exe is selected. Search for javaw.exe in the Adjust settings tab if you don’t see it. Examine all of the javaw.exe entries if you find more than one. Check the options for both Private, Public.
- If the Minecraft.exe option is selected, this repair will not work.
Your Network Drivers Should Be Up To Date
It is possible that the error message Unable to connect to the world is generated by obsolete network drivers. As a result, you can try updating the networking driver to resolve the issue. If you don’t have the time, tolerance, or computing skills to manually update the driver, Driver Easy can do it for you.
Driver Easy will instantly detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers. You don’t need to know what operating system your computer uses, you don’t have to worry about acquiring and running the wrong driver, and you don’t have to worry about making a mistake during installation.
With either the FREE or PRO version of Driver Easy, you can upgrade your drivers automatically. However, with the Pro version, it only takes two clicks (with complete backing and 30-day money-back assurance):
- Get Driver Easy and install it.
- Launch Driver Easy and choose the Scan at the present alternative. For troubleshooting purposes, Driver Easy will then run a scan of your computer.
- To immediately download and install the right version of this driver, click the Update button next to it (you can do this with the free version). Or, if you have the Pro edition, click Update All to instantly download & install the right version of all missing or out-of-date drivers on your computer (you’ll be asked to upgrade when you select Update All).
- Start Minecraft and see if you can link to the rest of the world.
- Driver Easy’s Pro edition includes full technical support.
- Please contact Driver Easy’s support staff at email@example.com if you require further assistance.
- If this repair doesn’t work, continue to the next.
Change The Settings
- Go to Xbox.com and look at your and your friends’ settings. The updated settings may be preventing you from connecting to the rest of the world.
- Go to the official Xbox website.
- Select the Online Privacy tab for Xbox One/Windows 10.
- Find Join multiplayer and ensure that Allow is selected.
- Click the Submit button.
Turn Off Your Antivirus Program
Some anti-virus may prevent you from connecting to the world in Minecraft, resulting in the unable to connect to world error. If you have antivirus software installed on your pc, you can temporarily disable it to see if the issue has been rectified.
IMPORTANT: When your antivirus is turned off, be extra cautious about what websites you visit, which emails you open, and what files you download.
Make Use Of A Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Internet issues could be causing the Unable to connect to a world issue. These circumstances could affect your access to your friends’ world: computers are full; your area has particular restrictions that could affect the connection, and so on. Then you can remedy the problem by using a VPN service.
VPNs can avoid geo-blocking and connect you directly to a server in any part of the world. You can use your existing VPN, but if you don’t have one, NordVPN is advised. NordVPN is a well-known VPN provider. Its server locations span 60 countries, and the VPN’s security is outstanding. It also features a rapid pace that will fulfill your requirements.
- Get NordVPN on your device.
- Launch NordVPN and log in.
- Find a server at a specific location and connect to it.
Why Can’t I Join My Friend’s Minecraft World PS5?
Your inability to connect to your friend’s Minecraft world is primarily due to a problem with the game’s multi-player authorization. Most players attempt to join different servers without adjusting the settings since they are unaware of their restricted access.
Why Can’t I Join My Friend’s Minecraft World On Xbox One?
It’s conceivable that the version of the game you are using differs from the one available through the insider program or the store. Make sure your game is up to date, and friends may join by checking your friend’s settings.
Why Can’t I Join My Friend’s World On Minecraft PS4?
Players of Minecraft on the PS4 will have to change to NAT type, and Minecraft is a type 3 in development. Finding individuals with a NAT type 2 is the best way to address this problem (assuming it is the root of the problem).
Here we conclude all about Why Can’t I Join My Friends Minecraft World? When trying to join a server, many users have received the error Unable to join to world Minecraft. Either the user has been unable to link to the outside world for a single instance or the problem occurs repeatedly. We’ve gone over all of the reasons why this problem happens, as well as the solutions that can be used to fix it, in this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why isn’t my friend able to join my Minecraft PE world?
It’s possible that one of you hasn’t linked a Windows pc to their MCPE, or that you’re playing a different edition of Minecraft. They could be on an older version of Bedrock/MCPE, or you could be on an older version of Bedrock/MCPE.
Why are my friends unable to enter my Minecraft world?
Check Your Friendship Status: On your PC, both you and your friend should go to Xbox.com and issue each other a 360 friend request. You can also try deleting each other from your Xbox One friends list and re-adding each other. Restart the game: Both participants (including the host) must exit the game completely.
What’s wrong with my Minecraft multiplayer?
The following are some possible solutions: Verify that your entire network is active and that no programs are interfering with outbound connections. Disable or change the configuration options of any existing firewall application. Restart your modem/router if necessary.
Why can’t I play Minecraft on my iPad with my friend?
To play Minecraft community on an iPad, you’ll need an Xbox account with no subscriptions and a friend who also has an Xbox account. Turn on local server multiplayer. Your buddies will be able to play with you if they are attached to the same Wi-Fi network