What Happens If You Put A Phone Charger In Your Mouth? Ans..

Post Disclaimer

We independently review everything we recommend. The information is provided by What Happens If You Put A Phone Charger In Your Mouth? Ans.. and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we may earn a commission if you buy something through links on our post. Learn more

Have you ever thought What Happens If You Put A Phone Charger In Your Mouth? “It’s only 5V and harmless,” everyone here claims. This is only a half-truth. You are correct that there is 5V between the pins at the charger’s end. Nothing will happen if you lick this.

However, there might be a much higher voltage present between the end of the cord and, say, a metal bed frame, computer case, fridge door, or anything else in the house that is ‘grounded.

What Happens If You Put A Phone Charger In Your Mouth?

Electric shock cannot be fatal in this situation. However, it’s dangerous to swallow the charger entirely.

Put A Phone Charger In Your Mouth

According to these chargers, electricity should not travel between the charger and anything else. It needs to be ‘separated.’ However, it is far more cost-effective to construct it so that one of the charger’s pins is directly connected to one of the main pins.

This is not an isolated occurrence, and it can be fatal. These devices are never made by well-known or respectable companies and are frequently promoted as name-brand chargers to make a fast buck before being shut down.

To get a shock from even these cheap chargers, you must contact something else that is either connected to the mains or grounded at the same moment. Otherwise, you’d be alright licking these cheap charges if you wore rubber boots. (Keep in mind that the voltage between the pins is just 5V.) What matters is the ‘difference’ in voltage levels.

Can A Phone Charger Electrocute A Child?

Yes. A phone charger can electrocute a youngster. Chargers also pose a risk of electrical shock and burn accidents to youngsters. Parents are terrified by these nightmarish scenarios since most people would never think a charger to be such a lethal and frightening threat to their children’s safety. However, the danger is real, and parents must be aware of it.

As cell phones have become part of everyone’s daily lives, many people have become less careful about their safety. It never occurs to folks that a mobile charger could electrocute a toddler. Many of us don’t think twice about quitting our electronics out to charge, even though children could easily take the chargers and endanger themselves.

This blog post explains why we should all think twice or even three times about how to keep a toddler safe from getting electrocuted by a phone charger.

How Can A Toddler Be Protected From Getting Electrocuted By A Phone Charger?

Parents can take the following actions to safeguard their children from being electrocuted by a phone charger:

  • Do not let children use a cell phone while it is charging.
  • Do not let kids be near a charger plugged into an outlet but not connected to a phone. The best thing to do is never plug in a charger that isn’t connected to a phone.
  • Do not use chargers that are cheap, generic, or copies. In these types of chargers, lithium-ion batteries often get too hot. Also, there’s more and more evidence that generic chargers don’t go through the same safety and quality tests as branded chargers. So, parents should only use a charger made by the same company that made their cell phones. This is called OEM (original equipment manufacturer).
  • Don’t let kids sleep with or try to sleep on a charger, especially if the “live” end is plugged into the wall but not a phone. If the “live” comes into contact with anything metal, even jewelry, it could hurt the child.
  • Do not let a child put the charger in their mouth in any way. It could be fatal if the charger is plugged into an outlet or another electronic device, like a laptop, and the charger cord is carrying electricity.
  • Do not let a child plug both ends of a charger into an electrical outlet or power cord. Children had gotten electrical shocks when they tried to plug the “live” end of a charger into a power strip when the “outlet” end of the charger already was plugged in.
  • Do not use chargers that have broken or frayed cords. Do not charge your mobile phone near water or where it could get wet, especially if kids can get to that spot.

Is there a larger chance of a youngster being electrocuted by a phone charger when using generic brand chargers? A generic branded charger does increase the danger of a youngster being electrocuted by a phone charger.

“Generic mobile phone chargers enhance the risk of burn, electrocution,” according to a 2019 study published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine by the American College of Emergency Physicians:

  • Generic chargers, which are less expensive, can cause electrocution.
  • They are less likely to have met the same level of safety and quality as name-brand chargers.
  • Due to their regular use of cell phones, teenagers and adolescents are at significant risk of damage.
  • While their phones are charged, no one should sleep with them.
  • When a charger is not attached to a phone, it should not be left plugged in.

Please call us for a free consultation if your child has been electrocuted or had an electrical shock due to a cell phone charger or if you have questions about what you can do to keep your kids safe. We are here to assist you.

Can I Put My Charger In My Mouth?

Never let a kid put the charger or parts in their mouth. The consequences could be disastrous if the charger is unintentionally plugged into an electrical outlet (or another electronic piece of equipment, like a laptop) while the charger cord carries an electrical current.

Can You Charge Your Phone With Your Mouth?

Never use your mouth to blow air into the port. Your breath contains water vapor, which might harm the delicate electronics in your phone, unlike compressed air—a can of closed air costs significantly less than fixing water damage.

Are Phone Chargers Toxic?

Wireless chargers release 0mG of EMF radiation when they aren’t charging a smartphone, which, as you might expect, makes them essentially harmless when they aren’t in use, according to a study by EMF Academy. On the other hand, they produce about 3mG of EMF radiation when charging a smartphone.


To conclude What Happens If You Put A Phone Charger In Your Mouth? No, the USB socket on the tip is completely isolated from the mains (if it’s a decent charger, not one of those cheap knockoffs).

Any voltage on the tongue, however, is painful. His tongue isn’t small enough to go inside the connector, but he could get a teeny tiny shock in his mouth if he exposes a portion of the wire. As harmless as it may appear, I do not suggest it.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if you placed the charger in your mouth?

Allow no part of the charger to be placed in a youngster’s mouth. If the charger is plugged into an outlet (or another electronic equipment like a laptop), and the charger cord carries an electrical current, the consequences could be disastrous.

Is it possible to electrocute oneself using an iPhone charger?

In most cases, your body has enough resistance to prevent an iPhone charger with a current of 1 amp and a voltage of 5 volts from electrocuting you.

Are phone chargers dangerous?

Gold, lithium, aluminum, and copper, among other metals extracted from the ground, are used to make smartphones. Cobalt is a poisonous and hazardous element utilized in lithium-ion batteries, found in practically every mobile device or portable charger.

Can you get burned by a phone charger?

There have only been three reports of skin injury caused by smartphone chargers. Two additional cases of skin ulcers caused by an iPhone charger are presented. The iPhone’s “lightning cable” includes electrodes on the outside, and we discovered that this poses a larger risk of skin harm than conventional phone chargers.

Similar Posts