We independently review everything we recommend. The information is provided by How To Feed Envelopes Into Brother Printer? Procedure and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we may earn a commission if you buy something through links on our post. Learn more
Brother users face issues. But How To Feed Envelopes Into Brother Printer? If you are one of them, try this guide. The printer has a direct passage from the manual feed slot to the printer’s rear using the back output tray.
When printing thick paper, labels, or envelopes, use this paper feed and output method. The printer automatically activates the Manual Feed mode when inserting the form into the manual feed slot.
How To Feed Envelopes Into Brother Printer?
“Only one envelope should be placed face up in the manual feed slot. Adjust the paper guides in the manual feed slot with both hands to fit the paper. Make sure the front edge of the paper feed rollers come into contact with one envelope at the same time as you insert it into the machine with both hands.” Here is a detailed step given:
Back cover of the book (back output tray).
Open the cover on the manual feeding slot.
You can adjust the paper guides in the manual feed slot by swiping your hands in opposite directions.
- In the manual feed slot, place one piece of paper or one envelope such that the front edge of the document or envelope hits the paper feed roller. Let go of the form as soon as you feel it drawn into the machine.
- Ensure that the printed side of the paper is facing up in the manual feed slot and that it is straight and in the correct position on the manual feed slot. To prevent a paper jam or an incorrectly printed page, ensure that the envelope is properly closed before inserting it.
- To avoid jams, do not place more than one slip of paper into the manual feed slot at a time.
- Media (paper, envelope, etc.) placed in the manual feed slot before the printer is ready may be ejected without printing.
- Using the printer driver, pick one of the following options:
- When using Envelope 10, select Paper Size Com-10.
- Envelope 9 and Envelope C6 are envelopes not mentioned in the printer driver. Thus choose User Defined (See Paper size for further information on envelope sizes).
The print data should be sent to the printer.
- Insert the next sheet of paper or envelope after the printed page has been removed from the printer. To print many pages, repeat the process above for each one.
- An Error LED on the controller will flash to indicate that there is no paper available in the manual feed slot until you insert a sheet of paper or an envelope into the manual feed slot.
- As soon as a sheet or envelope is printed, remove it from service. It is possible that stacking sheets or envelopes can cause the paper to clog or curl up.
- After printing, if one envelope is folded, turn the next one around 180 degrees in the manual feed slot and then check the Reverse Print box in the Advanced tab of the printer driver. Alternatively, you can switch the printing orientation in your program.
- Choose DL Long Edge in Paper Size from the Basic menu if the double-flap DL-size envelope is crumpled after printing. Using the manual feed slot, insert a new DL-size double-flap envelope with the longest edge first, then print.
- Set the File types to Thick Paper or Thicker Paper if smudging occurs while printing envelopes.
- Manufacturer-sealed envelope joints should be reliable.
- The envelope should have no wrinkles or creases on either of its sides.
How To Load Paper Into Brother Printer?
Your Brother printer should be turned off and unplugged from the wall power. Remove the printer’s paper tray. Inspect the area of the device where the paper tray once was. The pickup roller and the separating roller are visible. Check the rollers’ surface to see if it is unclean.
To clean the rollers, use a microfiber towel that has been wetted with water. Allow the rollers to dry. Rubbish alcohol and other cleaning agents should not be used on the rollers. Put the printer back together and re-plug the power cord into the outlet. Use the printer as usual after turning it on.
How To Manually Feed Paper Into Brother Printer?
Open the lid over the manual feed slot. Follow the manual feed paper guides to the width of the paper; you’ll use both hands. One piece of writing should be manually fed into the slot with both hands such that the front edge of the paper meets the paper feed roller. Release the paper once the machine has it in its clutches.
Have you got How To Feed Envelopes Into Brother Printer? And guide helps you a lot while Printing On Brother Printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any way to feed a Brother printer manually?
Open the manual feed cover on the machine’s front. Using two hands, slide the paper guides in the manual feed slot to fit the paper you are working with. In the manual feed slot, insert a full sheet of paper or an envelope with both hands until the front side of the paper feed roller is touched.
How can I load paper into my Brother printer?
Pull the paper tray out of the machine to its full extent. Fit the paper to the guidelines by pressing and sliding them. Slide the paper guides by pressing the green release levers. After releasing the paper tray’s release button (1), pull out the paper tray’s rear, and you’re done.
Is it impossible to feed paper through a manual feed?
Avoid causing a paper jam by just inserting one piece of paper at a time into the manual feed slot. Any media (paper, transparency, etc.) placed in the manual feed slot before the system is ready for printing may be expelled without being printed.
Is there a reason my Brother printer says manual paper loading is required?
There is no paper in the manual feed slot, which indicates that either the machine’s Tray Selection or the paper source in the brother printer driver has been set to Manually Feed. Fill the manual feed slot with a sheet of paper. Printing and clearing the error notice should take place at the same time.