We independently review everything we recommend. The information is provided by How To Connect USB Modem To Android Mobile? Procedure and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we may earn a commission if you buy something through links on our post. Learn more
Here we start our article about How To Connect USB Modem To Android Mobile? Or How To Use Modem On Android Phone? Android is among the most well-known and widely utilized operating systems for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Your Android-powered tablet comes with several built-in capabilities that you may customize to meet your needs.
You can also use the Play Store (Android Market) to find apps that meet your requirements. You should be aware that while some apps are free to utilize, others need payment of a fee to purchase the rights to use them. You can also use the instructions below to link your Hawaii USB Broadband to your tablet.
How To Connect USB Modem To Android Mobile?
- You must initially configure your modem. Put the USB modem’s 3G/4G sim card inside.
- Navigate to the Google Play store. You then need to install the PPP widget program.
- The USB Modem must be connected to the OTG cable’s USB port. Afterward, affix the input port to your tablet’s charging port.
- The PPP widget program will recognize the modem. Hold off for a time. As a result, you must begin flashing. After identifying the modem, it will set up your tablet for connection.
- After that, you must begin setting up your SIM card. The APN network, username, and password must be configured. Configure the dialog string as well. As a result, you might ask your web service provider for it.
- You’ll see a connection between the Android tablet and your USB modem. Disable the mobile system if it isn’t connected before joining. Replicate the procedure. The two will be linked. The internet connection may also be checked.
Windows 10 laptops have a mobile hotspot feature. This is especially handy in work contexts where the company’s data card can only be used on the company’s laptops. To link your USB connection to your smartphone, all you require is a Windows 10 laptop.
Whenever you want to access all of your devices to the internet but don’t have access to a Wi-Fi network, Windows 10’s mobile hotspot function comes in handy. This can be used if you wish to share your laptop’s internet connection with others.
For example, you might want to access your home internet with guests but not the login details. This strategy works nicely in our instance because no hacks or workarounds are required, either on your mobile or you’re PC. It is compatible with both Android and iPhone cellphones.
How To Connect A USB Dongle To A Smartphone Or Tablet?
Connect your laptop to your smart card reader as usual. This is where your carrier’s setup software comes in handy. Once you’ve established a connection, go to Windows 10 search, and type mobile hotspots to access the mobile network settings.
Toggle on the option Share my internet connection with other devices by clicking the toggle button. In the drop-down menu for selecting the internet source, select your data card internet rather than Wi-Fi. By default, some network credentials are set up.
You can modify this by selecting Edit from the drop-down menu. From the laptop’s perspective, the mobile hotspot configuration is complete. On your smartphone, look for the Wi-Fi connection you just formed. Using the credentials provided, you should be able to connect to the hotspot.
Using A USB OTG Cable
If your phone enables USB OTG (short for USB On-The-Go) and USB host, you may be able to link your adapter to your phone using an OTG cable. However, you must first root your smartphone in order to do so. Also, iPhone users will be unable to use this trick because iOS devices do not allow it. As I previously stated, your phone must meet the following three criteria:
- The smartphone should be able to connect to a computer via USB OTG.
- A USB OTG cable should be included. (Just do a search on Amazon and you’ll find it for a few bucks)?
- The USB host capability on your Android smartphone must be enabled. You can find this information by searching on Google; many devices today provide this feature.
- Lastly but not least, you should root your Android device.
- Look for your carrier’s APN information on Google.
- If you meet all of the aforementioned criteria, proceed to the next step:
- Go to the Google Play Store and download PPP Widget.
After you’ve installed it, go to your home screen and touch widgets to discover the widget. (Because many cellphones are different, make sure you do it correctly for yours.) Create a widget for your home screen and place it there.
Using An OTG Cable, Attach The Device To Your Smartphone
- A popup should appear asking you to set the PP widget to open so when this USB data card is plugged in. Check it to make it the default.
- You’ll be presented with a screen where you can enter your APN information. Fill in the blanks.
- Go to the home screen and press the connect button.
- Your device should be able to connect to the internet.
Here we conclude all about How To Connect USB Modem To Android Mobile? Or How To Connect USB Modem To Laptop For Internet? Because certain tablets lack a built-in 3G module, they can only connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi. By following a few simple instructions, the user can enhance the tablet’s capability. You know how to effectively attach a 3G connection to an Android tablet in the preceding post.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to connect a modem to an Android device?
If the router has a USB port, you might be able to use a micro-USB cable to connect to it. Otherwise, you might be able to attach a USB to Ethernet inverters to an OTG cable to attach the phone to the modem.
Can I use my phone as a modem?
Enter your password after selecting your smartphone from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your laptop or any other Wi-Fi-capable device. Simply set your hotspot to Off to turn off your hotspot.
Is it possible to connect a modem to any phone jack?
Other internet modems, such as those provided by cable or fiber optic internet service providers, are unable to connect to a phone socket. You can definitely link your modem to a phone socket if you have a router/modem combination and you’re using DSL.
What is the function of a phone modem?
A modem is a device that sends digital data over a telephone connection. The data is modulated into a signal that is suitable with the phone line by the sending modem, and the signal is demodulated back into digital data by the receiving modem. Wireless converters convert digital data to and from radio waves.