We independently review everything we recommend. The information is provided by How To Change Timer Sound On Android? Step By Step Guide and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we may earn a commission if you buy something through links on our post. Learn more
The built-in Clock app on your Android device can be used as an alarm clock, kitchen timer, and stopwatch for timed activities. You may set several alarms and timers, change the snooze intervals for your alarms, and use the stopwatch to record lap times. We’ll demonstrate How To Change Timer Sound On Android? Or How To Change Timer Sound On Google Home? And point out some of its unique features.
To get to the Clock app, go to the home screen and tap the Clock icon, or go to the App Drawer and open the Clock app from there. This article is about Google’s Clock App, which you can get for any Android mobile from Google Play. The built-in Clock app on your Android phone may behave differently depending on the manufacturer.
How To Change Timer Sound On Android?
Launch the Clock app on your phone. Settings. Subheading “Timers”: Choose the ringtone you want to hear after the timeout expires: Timer tap sound.
How To Set A Timer In Android?
Unlike a typical kitchen timer, which can only clock two objects simultaneously, the Clock app allows you to set up many timers. The timer can be activated by tapping the timer symbol at the top of the screen, as seen in the screenshot. The timer can be set using the right-hand number pad. Don’t forget to put in zero when necessary.
To establish a 10-minute timer, use the number pad’s “1000” button. Your timer will be set for 10 seconds if you merely press “10,” not 10 minutes. The digital readout on the left shows the number of hours, minutes, and seconds as you write the time. At the bottom of the screen, there is a red “Start” button.
Set Multiple Timers
When using numerous timers, you may wish to give each one a name so you can tell which one is responsible for which task. You can label the current timer by selecting “Label” from the timer menu.
- In the Label popup dialogue box, give the current timer a name and then click “OK.” You can activate the onscreen keyboard by tapping on the edit line in the dialogue box.
- The “+1′” button underneath the time on any timer lets you add one minute to the current runtime.
- A timer can be temporarily paused by pressing the Pause button on the Start button after it has been started.
- This means that when you press the Pause button on a stopwatch, the time begins to flash, and the Pause button returns to the Start button. To resume timing from where you left off, press the Start button.
Add A Timer
- Take advantage of this feature by swiping right to add a second timer. A maximum of one additional timer can be added and only from a currently running or paused timer display.
- Enter the time and press the Start button as discussed earlier to start the new timer.
- The dots on the side of the display should be of interest. There must be a lot of timers. Using a swipe up and down motion, you may see all the timers currently active.
- To remove a timer, scroll up or down to open that timer and then hit the trash button.
- Timer dots disappear when you have a one-timer on screen.
Timer Sound Settings
Depending on the timer, you can alter several options. Tap the menu button and select “Settings” from the popup menu to get to these settings. You’ll hear this sound when your timer expires because it’s set to be utilized by default. Using “Timer ringtone” to alter the ringtone is the only way to do it.
- Suppose you have previously altered this setting either for timers or alarms in the Clock app. The same way you used it will be requested. If this is the case, touch “Just once” or “Always” below the complete action using the message. In the Clock app, tap on “Media Storage” and then select “Just Once” or “Always” if you haven’t previously changed ringtones.
- You’ll hear the timer expire ringtone when you get your first notification. When the timer expires, you can either choose a different ringtone from the list, or you can select “None.” Once you’ve done that, press “OK.”
- Please make sure your volume isn’t muted and that you aren’t using Total Silence or Do Not Disturb, which prevents the timer from sounding when the time is up.
In What Ways Can You Make Use Of Alarms?
The Clock app, by default, opens with the world clock on display. It’s not necessary to reopen the Clock application every time you want to use it. On the top right corner of the screen, there is a small alarm icon that you may tap to enter the alarms menu.
- Simply tap the + symbol button at the foot of the screen to add a new alarm to your phone’s calendar. Add several alarms by pressing this button.
- Set your alarm by tapping the hour on the timer to the left, and then on the clock to the right to do so. In order to do this, you first tap on the minutes on the left, and then tap the appropriate minute on the clock. It’s possible to set the timer for five minutes at a time. To set the time, tap “AM” or “PM” and then “OK.”
- Recurring alarms can be set by checking the “Repeat” option.
- White circles indicate that all seven days of the week have been picked by default. Remove the days you don’t want from your schedule. The first “S” (Sunday) and the last “S” (Saturday) are tapped to set our alarm to go off exclusively on weekdays (Saturday). In the Settings, which we’ll cover in more detail later, you can choose which day of the week starts the week.
How To Set Sound For Alarm?
White circles do not appear on days that were not chosen. The Oxygen ringtone will be played when the alarm goes off instead of the default ringtone. Tap “Default ringtone (Oxygen)” to switch to a different ringtone.
- Please select the method you would want to use to complete this task. By selecting “Media Storage” and then “Just Once,” you’ll be taken to a list of accessible ringtones. Tap “Always” if you wish to use this option all the time.
- A popup dialogue box displays a list of Ringtones. Tap “OK” after you’ve selected the one you want to use.
Set Multiple Timers
- It’s a good idea to name each alarm if you want to use it for different purposes. Tap “Label” on your alarm to add a label.
- “OK” when you’ve entered a label in the “Label” dialogue box.
- The up arrow hides the alarm settings.
- During an alarm, the slider click on the right is red and sits to the right of the alarm. The alarm can be turned off by tapping the slider button, which turns white and slides to the left. Hit the slider button once again to re-enable it.
- When you turn on the alarm, a short message appears at the bottom of the screen informing you of the time remaining till the alarm goes off. To return to the alarm’s settings, press the down arrow.
Tap the right arrow to reveal the options, and then the trash can symbol removes the alarm if you no longer require it. This action has not been confirmed, as you can see.
You can customize the snooze time for Android alarms in the same way you do for iOS alarms. Snooze times cannot be customized for each alarm; however, they may be changed for all alarms. Using the menu button in the upper-right corner of your screen, you can access this option.
- On the popup menu, select “Settings.”
- The “Snooze length” option may be found in the Alarms section of the Settings screen. The snooze time is set to 10 minutes by default.
- Snooze length can be adjusted by swiping up and down on the number of “minutes” in the dialogue box and then tapping “OK.”
- Use the upper-left corner’s back button to return to the Clock app’s home screen.
A silent mode or Do Not Disturb mode must be disabled before you may set the alarm. Observe the grayed-out status bar alarm clock symbol in the image below due to Total Silence mode (the icon to the left of the alarm clock icon). Use the Do Not Disturb feature in Android 6.0 Marshmallow with appropriately adjusted volume and alarms permitted to ring.
Here’s all about How To Change Timer Sound On Android? Or How To Change Timer Ringtone? Timely Alarm Clock, Alarm Clock Plus, and Stopwatch Xtreme Free are just some of the many apps available on the Play Store that enhance alarms and timers. Some of these apps include all of these features in a single package.
Frequently Asked Questions
The timer ringtone on Android can’t be changed; why?
Timers have a few options that can be altered. You can get to these settings by tapping the menu button and selecting “Settings” from the popup menu. This ringtone is selected by default as the sound that plays after the timer ends. Tap “Timer ringtone” if you wish to change the ringtone.
On Android, how can I alter the alarm sound?
The Alarm tab can be accessed by clicking on it. To edit an alarm, tap on it. It’s time to turn on the alarm. Make your choice of an alarm tone. The icon can be accessed by clicking on it. Tap the SAVE button in the top-right corner of the screen.
On Android, how can you set the alarm to go off at the same time every hour?
Add alarm should be an option near the top of the main panel. In the upper half of the screen, you’ll see the current time and numerous options for changing it. Once you’ve found the time you’re looking for, scroll through the hours and minutes to get there.
My Samsung is beeping, but why?
The beep from the oven lets the user know when the meal is cooking. As a reminder, specific devices will continue to sound until the food is removed from the device. There may be a problem with the control panel or temperature gauge if the temperature alert buzzer continues after the device has been turned off.